Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Waiting Game

As an experienced international traveler I am well aquatinted with the visa process and all the waiting time that is involved with getting a country's government to approve a work visa or even a visitor's visa. It seems to me in this day and age with super fast computers and the internet, why does this have to be such a long process? Why do we have to wait two weeks to get a visa processed?


I just received word that my work visa documents have been approved by the Chinese Government and are now in a DHL envelope and on their way to me here in Florida. As soon as I get them, I will then have to hire a currier company to get them(documnets, passport, photos and money) to the Chinese Embassy in Houston so that  I can get the Work Visa stamped in my passport.....and then the waiting game begins again!


It is my wish that someday this process will not take so long. And maybe even one day we will not even need passports at all. All we will need to do is have our thumb prints scanned at immigration or our eyes and then all our information would be right there on the computer screen and no need for all of this paper trail and the waiting game will be a thing of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment